Having a neck or facelift done will entirely change the way you feel about yourself! If you are not happy with what you see in the mirror, consider visiting Dr. Michelle Yagoda to discuss your cosmetic concerns. Whether it is for the purpose of youthful rejuvenation or a long-awaited fulfillment of a profile change, neck and facelifts are life-changing surgeries (for the better, of course!).
- Correct drooping jowls: The skin that sits below the jaw will often sag and droop with age or excessive weight changes (which sometimes go hand in hand). As the skin ages, it loses collagen and elasticity, causing the droopy skin. Although fillers can sometimes be a temporary fix, only surgery will permanently fix jowls. Either facial liposuction (to remove the fat hanging below the jawline) or a facelift will remove the hanging and fat. You will immediately look younger!
- Soften nasolabial folds: Nasolabial folds are the wrinkles that run from the sides of your nose to the corners of your mouth. Deepening with age, there is no way to prevent them. Again, although fillers can lessen their appearance, facelifts can correct them permanently. Often cheaper than using fillers every year, you will love the subtle (but great!) results. Oh, and smiling does not cause them, so smile on!
- Restore cheek prominence: If you’ve dreamed of having high and sculpted cheekbones, dream no more! It is possible with surgery. Cheek implants can restore a more angular appearance to the face, but it is important to choose implants carefully. They must be in balance with the rest of you: Too thick implants can make the face appear heavy or overweight.
- Relieve effects of Bell’s Palsy: Affecting over 30,000 Americans, Bell’s Palsy is a facial disorder that affects facial nerves, causing a temporary or permanent loss of facial muscle movement (on one side). Symptoms include drooping mouth/eyelids, difficulty closing eye, difficulty eating/drinking, and a face that looks “pulled” to one side. Although sometimes symptoms dissipate over time, for many the effects are permanent. Once Dr. Yagoda deems you a good candidate for reparative facial surgery, she will be able to correct the effects of drooping/unevenness due to Bell’s Palsy.
- Provide an angular/sculpted neck profile: Surgical necklifts immediately rejuvenate your facial profile. Not only excellent at correcting hanging or excess skin, they can be used to remove fat around the neck as well. With only very small incisions (which are not visible to the average eye), your neck will become smooth, tight, and sculpted.
- Eliminate neck lines: Having horizontal or vertical neck lines is a common problem as the skin ages. You’d be surprised how many people complain of having a “crepey” neck! These fine lines and wrinkles are due to a loss of collagen in the skin, and their severity depends on each individual. Peels can be used in conjunction with necklifts to improve the skin’s texture, creating a smooth appearance.
- Eliminate double chins/turkey neck: This one is pretty self-explanatory! If you have excess fat around the chin area (or just do not have a prominent chin), then double chins or “turkey necks” are not uncommon. Fortunately, necklifts and neck liposuction offer solutions. Tiny incisions are made in the treatment area, and the extra fat is extracted by the surgeon. When combined with a facelift or surgical necklift, neck liposuction can do so much as create a chin where there wasn’t one!